GUIDESHEET FOR 10-20-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- What are the different things are culture/media would say makes a person successful?
- What would you say makes a person successful?Do you think Jesus’ idea of success will be the same or different? If so, how?
- Read Mark 9:30-37
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- During the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and answer the same 5 questions above. Remember that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is, what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- 1. Mark 9:38-50
- 2. Mark 10:1-16
- 3. Mark 10:17-31
- 4. Mark 10:32-52
- 5. Mark 11:1-11