GUIDESHEET FOR 12-01-19
God’s Great Gifts: Repentance
Think about life:
- When was the last time you realized that you were heading in the wrong direction in life, or part of your life, and what or who did God use to help you turn your life toward Him?
- What’s the difference between destructive criticism and constructive criticism?
- Who are the people in your life who have loved you and been honest with you?
- What hope would we have if God was not honest with us?
- Read Matthew 3:1-12
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- Read Romans 2:1-5
- (Verses 1-3) How would Paul respond if we said, “I’m not as bad as that person”?
- (Verse 4) What does Paul say is the purpose of God’s patience and kindness toward us?
- (Verse 5) Why would Paul say that people cause their own punishment from God?
- Read Romans 6:6-14
- (Verses 6-11) As we surrender our lives to Jesus Christ, Paul says we “die and rise with Christ”. What does he mean?
- (Verses 12-14) As we surrender our lives to Jesus Christ, what becomes the purpose of our lives?
Scriptures on repentance: Mt. 3:1-12; Rom. 2:1-5; Rom. 6:6-14; Acts 2:14-41