GUIDESHEET FOR 4-26-20
Trusting God in the Storm!
Think about life:
- Do you remember how you felt about storms as a child? Exciting? Scary?
- Recall the worst storm (summer or winter) you’ve ever been in. What were your emotions at the time: Concern, fear, awe, or trust?
- Looking back over our life’s journey, what key lessons have you learned through difficult times or “storms”?
Read Matthew 9:23-27
- What do we learn about Jesus in this story?
- What do we learn about the disciples in this story?
- What do the disciples learn about Jesus and how does that affect them?
- As you lived through a number of “storms” your life was your experience similar to the disciples – Jesus was sleeping, they had to wake him up, Jesus evaluated their faith, then Jesus calmed the storm? Or has your experience been different?
- Do you see yourself as a person of “little faith” or a person of “strong faith”? What has helped your faith in Jesus to grow?
Read Romans 5:3-5
- How does Paul say we should approach the “storms” of life? Why?
- What does Paul say the “storms” of life develop in us? Talk about how each one builds on the other. What is the ultimate benefit of going through the “storms” of life trusting Jesus?
- How would that perspective help you weather the “storm” are you I right now?
Bible Reading: Mt. 9:23-27; Rom. 5:3-5; James 1:2-4; Phil. 3:7-11