Study Guide for 4-28-19
ReThinking Impossible- Making peace with God and having the peace of God.
Think about your life:
- How would you describe your spiritual foundation? Why?
- When you think about this past year, how has your spiritual foundation gotten stronger?
- Do you consider yourself a “peacemaker”? Why or why not?
- In what ways are you taking Jesus’ message of peace to the world?
Digging deeper into Scripture:
Read Matthew 7:24-27
- What is Jesus promising those who are willing to live by his words?
- What kind of storm do you think claims the most spiritual casualties?
Read James 1:2-4 & Romans 5:3-5
- Do you think people expect God to make them happy? What’s the difference between being happy and being made more mature and complete like Jesus?
- Is the peace of God something we feel or something we know?
- How has your relationship with God changed as you have gone through trials and difficulties?
Read Matthew 18:15-17
- How do you “speak the truth in love” when you are trying to follow Matthew 18 and are correcting another believer?
- Does the Matthew 18 principle apply to unbelievers? If not, then how should Christians approach an unbeliever who has sinned against them?
Read John 20:19-23
- Why do you think Jesus said, “Peace be with you” multiple times to his disciples?