STUDY GUIDE FOR 9-9-18
Imagine a New Life!
Think about life:
- Think back to your childhood, your children or grandchildren. What do kids imagine and how do kids use their imagination?
- Did you have a big dream as a child or youth? What happened to it?
- Why do you think adults tend to imagine less than children?
- What kind of things happen in people’s lives that seem to cause them to stop imagining that God has a new life in Christ for them?
Digging Deeper into Scripture:
- Read 2 Cor. 5:16-18a – So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him know! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God.
- What does Paul mean when he said that at one time they thought of Jesus from a human point of view? What changed Paul’s mind that Jesus was not just human?
- What does it mean to belong to Christ? How does that make one a new person?