GUIDESHEET FOR 11-10-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- What’s the difference between a person who lives his/her life with a purpose, and a person who seems to have no purpose?
- What gives your life a sense of purpose?
- Jesus lived his earthly life with an incredibly strong sense of purpose. How would your life look different if you have a strong sense of God’s purpose for your life?
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- During the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and answer the same 5 questions above. Remember that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is, what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- Mark 14:53-65
- Mark 14:66-72
- Mark 15:1-15
- Mark 15:16-20
- Mark 15:21-47