GUIDESHEET FOR 10-27-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- If someone with no church or spiritual background decides to find God by going to church, what might they run into the first time they attend a church that could present a barrier to them in their search for God?
- What would it look like for a church to welcome people right where they’re at and encourage them to follow Jesus Christ?
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- During the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and answer the same 5 questions above. Remember that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is, what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- Mark 11:18—26
- Mark 11:27-12:12
- Mark 12:13-17
- Mark 12:18-27
- Mark 12:28-34