GUIDESHEET FOR 10-13-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- Do churches tend to care more about people’s spiritual needs or physical needs? Are the two interrelated?
- In what you’ve learned so far about Jesus from Mark is Jesus more concerned with people’s physical or spiritual needs or both?
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and
answer the same 5 questions above. Remember
that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is,
what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- Mark 8:11-212
- Mark 8:22-30
- Mark 8:31-38
- Mark 9:1-13
- Mark 9:14-29