GUIDESHEET FOR 9-29-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- What’s the difference between an effective teacher and an ineffective teacher? What’s the difference in how these two types of teachers approach students that don’t understand what is being taught?
- Growing up were you rewarded for good behavior or accomplishments? How did that work for you? How do you react to the statement: “Jesus rewards us as we take next steps in following Him?”
Read Mark 4:13-25
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- During the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and answer the same 5 questions above. Remember that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is, what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- Mark 4:26-34
- Mark 4:35-41
- Mark 5:1-20
- Mark 5:21-43
- Mark 6:1-6a