GUIDESHEET FOR 9-15-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- Where and when did you first hear about Jesus and what did you remember?
- Was Jesus someone you knew about, someone you wanted to be like, or someone who changed your life?
- If someone asked you to tell them about Jesus, what would you say?
- What things have you learned about Jesus that you didn’t understand in the beginning?
Read Mark 1:1-8
- What do you learn about Jesus? (Verses 1, 3, 7, 8)
- What do you learn about yourself/people? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8)
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- During the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and answer the same 5 questions above. Remember that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is, what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- Mark 1:9-13
- Mark 1:14-20
- Mark 1:21-24
- Mark 1:35-45
- Mark 2:1-17