GUIDESHEET FOR 3-15-20
Grace and Truth
#4 – Which Way Do You Lean?
- God’s grace is his undeserved kindness in Jesus.
- Truth is Jesus being faithful to God’s design for people.
Think about life:
- Think back to teachers you had in elementary, middle, and high school. Which teachers leaned toward grace or kindness and how did you know? Which teachers leaned toward truth or doing things right and how did you know?
- Think about your parents. Did they lean toward grace or truth? How did that work itself out in their parenting? If you are a parent, how did their style of parenting affect your style of parenting?
- Have you experienced a person in your life who full of both grace and truth in their relationship with you? How did that benefit you?
- Read Acts 15:36-41; Col. 4:10; 2 Tim. 4:11
- In the Acts passage, what did Paul and Barnabas disagree about? What tells us that Paul was leaning towards truth in evaluating John Mark?
- Read Acts 9:26-27. What does this passage tell us how Barnabas leans toward grace towards Paul? How does Barnabas lean towards grace with John Mark? How might John Mark being Barnabas’ cousin play into his giving grace?
- In the Colossians and 2 Timothy passages, 10 to 15 years later, what is Paul’s revised opinion of Mark? What might have brought about Paul’s change of heart?
- Do you have a strong lean toward grace or truth, and how is that seen in your relationships with people? What are the pros and the cons?
- Read Eph. 2:8-10
- How does Paul explain that God in Christ treats us with full grace and full truth?
- Which do you think you need to learn more of – God’s grace, his undeserved kindness in Jesus Christ? Or God’s truth, God’s design for you life?
Bible Reading: Ex. 20:1-3; Acts 4:36-47Acts 15:36-41; Col. 4:10; 2 Tim. 4:11; Eph. 2:8-10