GUIDESHEET FOR 7-14-19
Get Free and Stay Free! How Salvation Really Works
#5 Honor your father and mother.
Think about life:
- How have your honored your parents through life’s various phases?
- Are there times in your life when it has been difficult to honor your parents? When?
- How is the biblical concept of honoring your parents different from what the world says?
- What rhythms in your life would you like to start or continue, and what rhythms in your life would be beneficial to stop.
- How have you seen the “learning process” played out in your life?
- Read Exodus 20:12
- What strikes you about this commandment?
- How would this commandment bring a group newly freed slaves life?
- Read Ephesians 6:1-4
- What parenting strategies have you used from your parents and what strategies did you make sure you did not use?
- How do/did you model the spiritual disciplines to your children?
- How do you encourage your children, regardless of their age?
- Read Matthew 28:18-20
- How did Jesus take his disciples through the learning process?
- How do you think a person develops/learns character?
- In the learning process, there are teachers and students. What is the easiest and what is the hardest step for you in the learning process as a teacher, and then as a student.
(I do- you watch. I do- you help. You do-I help. You do- I watch.)