GUIDESHEET FOR 6-23-19
Get Free and Stay Free! How Salvation Really Works
#3 – Live up into your new “Christ clothes”!
Think about life:
- We either live “up” into our best or “down” to less than we can be. What are some of the things the motivate us to live “up” or “down”?
- Why do you think the most common words used for “swearing”, a word thrown in a sentence to express emphasis or anger, are words that are God’s name or sexual terms?
- Have you had the experience of knowing a person who said they were a disciple of Jesus Christ, but lived their life to the contrary? How did that affect you?
Read Exodus 20:7
- What is the command? How do you know this is a serious command?
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear this commandment?
- Why is this commandment about more than vocabulary?
- Read Exodus 3:1-15
- What does God tell Moses about Himself? (Verse 6, 7-10. 12)
- What has God revealed about Himself to you in Scripture that He confirmed in your life?
- Read Psalm 23. What did God reveal to David about Himself?
- Why does Moses want to know God’s name? (Verse 13)
- What does God reveal His name as? What does it mean? (Verse 14-15)
- Read Galatians 3:23-27
- What does Paul say the purpose of the law was?
- How do we become children of God? What does baptism symbolize?
- What has been the most challenging for you to adjust to about your new “Christ clothes”?
Scripture readings: Exodus 20:7; Exodus 3:1-15; Gal. 3:23-28; Heb. 12:1-2