GUIDESHEET FOR 01-05-20
A Jar, Rocks, Pebbles and Sand…
Think about life:
- Looking back, what time in life was it most difficult for you to keep your priorities in the right order? What made it difficult? What helped you keep your priorities right or reorder them when they got out of whack?
- What are the top 4 priorities put forth in media – movies, music, TV shows? What would you say are the top 4 priorities put forth in the Bible?
- What seems to be the main obstacle for believers in making their priorities biblical?
- Read Philippians 3:5-11
- What were the priorities Paul used to have? (Verses 5-6) Where did he pick up these things as key priorities for his life?
- What happened to Paul that caused him to change his priorities? (Verse 7)
- How does Paul describe the value of his old priorities compared to his new priority of knowing Jesus Christ? (Verse 7-9)
- What is Paul’s new priority? (Verse 10-11)
- Paul had a life-changing vision in which he met the risen Christ that caused him to change his priorities. Have you had one or more life-changing events that caused you to reorder your priorities?
- Read Matthew 6:19-33
- What are the “either/or” situations that Jesus gives us about life choices? (Verses 19-24)
- How does Jesus address our worries? (Verses 25-33)
- Can you recall an example in your life when you sought God first and things you needed were supplied?
Scriptures on salvation: Phil. 3:5-11; Mt. 6:19-33; Mt. 16:24-25; Prov. 29:25