THE CHURCH MOVES OUT! #1 – The Mission Has a Church!
Think about church:
- We’re seeking to imitate in our own lives the rhythm of Christ’s life: UP in worship, IN into community, and OUT into mission. Think about the churches you’ve been a part of growing up. Which part(s) of the rhythm did they do well and which part(s) were weak?
- How has the church of your childhood affected how you feel about imitating the UP/IN/OUT rhythm of Christ’s life today?
- What obstacles are preventing you from having a strong OUT or mission rhythm in your life? What can you do to overcome those obstacles?
Digging Deeper into Scripture:
- Read Acts 1:6-8.
- What was the difference between what the disciples asked Jesus for and what Jesus had in store for his disciples?
- What do you ask Jesus for? What would it take for you to be willing to be involved in Jesus’ mission of sharing His Good News with people in our community? Are you willing to tell Jesus you’re willing to share His story?
- Read Luke 15.
- What parts of these three parables show God as incarnational, adaptive, and missional?
- What would it look like for Cornerstone, your family, and you to follow God’s example?
- Read John 20:21.
- As God the Father sent the Son into the world, so the Son is sending us into the world. What difference does it make that we are not just saved, but also sent?
- Read and pray Ephesians 3:20-21 daily during The Church Moves Out series, asking God to send us OUT into our community.
Daily Scripture Readings:
- Acts 1
- Matthew 9:9-13
- Matthew 9:35-10:4
- Ephesians 1:3-14
- Matthew 28