HOW REAL LIFE CHANGE HAPPENS – Study Guide 3
Think about life:
- What does the ‘power of the Gospel’ mean to you?
- Is it harder for you to accept that you are saved, that you are being saved, or that you will be saved? Why?
- Is it harder for you to read God’s word, see if Jesus is in a situation/issue, get into community, or find peace in a situation?
Digging Deeper into Scripture:
- Read John 14:15-21. This is Jesus’ last big talk with the disciples. Why do you think He focused it around the Holy Spirit and relationship?
- Think about your life as a house that the Holy Spirit lives in. As you unpack your life, what ‘boxes’ is He asking you to look at? What ‘boxes’ is He asking you to open? What ‘boxes’ is he asking you to get rid of?
- Read John 15:1-6. How have you viewed ‘abiding’ in Christ?
- Burden – something I have to do and struggle to fit in.
- Health – something I want because it’s good for me.
- Privilege – something I’m grateful to get to do.
- Pleasure – something I enjoy and want to do.
- Read John 15:7-8. What blessings are listed for those that abide in Christ?
Daily Scripture readings:
- Acts 1:8-10; Romans 6:5-14; Romans 8:1-17; Galatians 5:16-24; Ephesians 5:1-20