GUIDESHEET FOR 5-19-19
Rethinking Impossible! #5 – We get a new family!
Think about life:
- How did the roles work in your family as you grew up? Who was in charge? How were decisions make? How did power and authority work?
- Looking back, what would you have liked to be different?
- What are the top challenges that families face today?
- What is your greatest joy and biggest regret from your experience in family?
Digging Deeper into Scripture:
- Read Eph. 5:21
- What happens in a church family when we do not submit to one another out of reverence for Christ?
- What happens in a family when the members of that family do not submit to one another out of reverence for Christ?
- What does it mean to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ?
- Jesus Christ went down to bring us up. He gives us the example of servant leadership which He asks us to follow in our church family and in our family. Have you had good examples of servant leaders in your life?
- Read Eph. 5:22-33
- What is confusing about this passage?
- How would you sum up how a wife is to submit to her husband out of reverence for Christ?
- How would you sum up how a husband is to submit to his wife out of reverence for Christ?
- What makes this mutual submission challenging?
- Read Eph. 6:1-3
- What is the way children submit to their parents out of reverence for the Christ?
- What does this look like during the different stages of a child’s life, including being an adult child?
- Read Eph. 6:4
- How does this warning help fathers (and mothers) stay servant leaders while parenting their children?
- What we most helpful to you as you learned to parent?
- How can the church be more helpful?
Scripture readings: Eph. 5:21-6:4; Col. 3:18-21; Prov. 1:8-9; 1 Tim. 3:1-13