GUIDESHEET FOR 11-03-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- If you have experienced suffering, tragedy, hardship or deep disappointment, looking back on that event/time, what did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself?
- How do you think your goals for your life and your family’s life might differ from God’s goal for you and your family?
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- During the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and answer the same 5 questions above. Remember that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is, what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- Mark 13:1-37
- Mark 14:1-11
- Mark 14:12-26
- Mark 14:27-31
- Mark 14:32-42