GUIDESHEET FOR 9-22-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus in Mark
Think about life:
- What are the written and unwritten rules that have been part of churches you attended growing up and now? Are they central and necessary in being a follower of Jesus or are they off to the side?
- What happened to people who challenged one of those rules?
- Which of those rules have changed and what seemed to precipitate the change?
Read Mark 2:18-28
- What do you learn about Jesus?
- What do you learn about yourself/people?
- How do you feel about the story/teaching? (Surprised, confused, threatened, excited, uncertain…)
- What does this teach you? (About Jesus, about people, about yourself, about your own spiritual life…)
- How can you respond? (To help you decide to respond, talk to God about what next step you believe he is asking you to take.)
- During the remainder of the week read the following 5 passages in Mark, one a day, and answer the same 5 questions above. Remember that the goal of reading Mark is to get a clear vision of Jesus – who he is, what he does for us, and what he is calling us to do today.
- Mark 3:1-6
- Mark 3:7-19
- Mark 3:20-30
- Mark 3:31-35
- Mark 4:1-12