GUIDESHEET FOR 11-24-19
Lifechange by the Book: Discovering Jesus
Think about life:
- What stood out to you most from Dan and Lisa Friesen’s sharing about the Oroko New Testament Project in Cameroon? What will you be praying for?
- What was your first exposure to the Bible? Was it good, bad, or indifferent?
- What are the ways that the Bible is part of our life now?
- What obstacles or challenges do you encounter in making the Bible a part of your daily routine? What would help?
Read 2 Timothy 3:14-17 (The Apostle Paul writing to Timothy)
- How did Timothy come in contact with Scriptures? Who taught him?
- What is unique about Scripture?
- What does Scripture do in our lives?
- Who is currently teaching you the Scriptures?
Read Ephesians 5:25-27 (The Apostle Paul is writing about marriage and is talking about Christ’s relationship to the Church as an example for husbands in their relationship with their wife.)
- What does Paul say Jesus has done for the church – those who have surrendered their lives to Jesus?
- When you hear the phrase “washed by the cleansing of God’s word”, what comes to mind? How have you experienced God’s word washing and cleansing you?
- What would be the difference between being “sprinkled by God’s word” and “being washed clean by God’s word”? Which image describes you? What steps can you take to move toward being washed by the Word?
Scripture passages for this week: 2 Tim. 3:14-17; Eph. 5:25-27; Isa. 55:8-11; Mt. 4:1-11; 2 Kings 22; 2 Kings 23:1-3