GUIDESHEET FOR 7-28-19
Get Free and Stay Free! How Salvation Really Works
#7 – Faithfulness in marriage!
Think about life:
- Going back two generations in your family tree on both sides, what are the marriage like: Faithful and joyful? Faithful but not joyful? Unfaithfulness? Divorce? And what affect have those marriages in your family’s past had on the marriages of your generation?
- At this point in your life what would you say are the three most important factors to a faithful, joyful marriage?
- Talk about the difference between romance and sexuality behavior in the media today vs. 20 years ago.
Read Exodus 20:14 and Hebrews 13:4
- How does the Hebrews passage give the positive of the Exodus command?
- If God’s judgment comes about due to the consequences of behavior, how do people experience God’s judgment when they involve themselves in adultery?
- What happens in a culture when it deemphasizes faithfulness in marriage and emphasizes sexual “freedom”? What are the consequences?
- Read Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18-25
- In the creation story, what is God’s creational intention for human sexuality?
- Does our current culture agree with God’s intent or does our culture have different ideas? How comfortable are you living in a culture that disagrees with God’s intention?
- Read Matthew 5:27-28
- How does Jesus intensify the Exodus 20:14 commandment?
- How does Jesus “high bar” of marriage faithfulness require surrender to Jesus as Lord and dependence on the Holy Spirit’s help?
Using the chart below, talk about the difference between how our culture and the Bible views human sexuality:
Scripture readings: Gen. 1:27-28; Gen. 2:18-25; Matt. 5:27-28; Heb. 13:4; Prov. 5:1-23