HOW REAL LIFE CHANGE HAPPENS! #2 – We Can’t Fake It!
Think about life:
- Share a time when you were disappointed because you found out someone wasn’t who you thought they were?
- Why was Billy Graham so admired? Name other major religious figures who turned out to be other than they presented themselves to be?
- Why do you think people try to pretend to be someone they’re not?
- What are the benefits of being honest with God? What is the price of being dishonest with God?
Digging Deeper into Scripture:
- Read Acts 5:1-11 (Ananias and Sapphira)
- What’s your initial reaction to this story?
- Why was what Ananias and Sapphira did so serious?
- What was the price they paid for lying to the Holy
Spirit? What are the prices we pay for lying to God?
- Read Philippians 1:6
- What difference does it make to you that God is charge of guiding your spiritual growth?
- If God takes the initiative in guiding our spiritual growth, what is our role?
- Read Romans 12:1-2
- Have you ever thought of offering each day to God as a sacrifice of thanksgiving for saving you in Christ? How would that effect how you deal with the events of the day?
- God transforms us by changing the way we think. What thought patterns or lies does our culture feed us that God wants to root out of our thinking?
- Ephesians 4:28-29
- What are the two specific life changes that Paul says should happen as we surrender our lives to Jesus Christ?
- Have you experienced specific life changes as you have surrendered your life to Christ?
Daily Scripture readings: Acts 5:1-11; Romans 6:1-14; 2 Cor. 5:15-6:2; Gal. 5:16-22